Wednesday, June 22, 2011

another good day

wt 265.8

walked 42 min, 2.1 miles

I had to drive the Mrs. to a dr. appointment today. So I used the waiting time for my walk. It worked out well. On the drive over, I once again had cherries, blueberries, ans a banana. Lunch was another fruit bowl from the grocery. After work, I had an apple, while visiting with the Mrs. and my mother. I was starved when I got home. I had a large plate of peaches, watermelon, cantelope, and strawberries. I also had a little red and yellow pepper. It was all good, but the peaches were the highlight. I am hoping to have a fruit smoothie wuth spinach in the morning, and a spinach salad for dinner tomorrow. I know I need to get some greens in my diet. I found a salad dressing online that I hope to try. It is 4 Tblsp of raw olive oil, 2Tblsp of lemon juice, 1/2 tsp of maple syrup, and a little salt. That is supposed to be a raw recipe, but I think the syrup kinda blows it. I could substitute raw agave for it. Also, could add cayenne pepper, or ginger zest for a little variety. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds. Healthy salad dressings have always been a problem for me.

Dinner was good, but the Mrs. grilled hamburger looked much better. As is normal for me, since I have been dieting, I have been watching lots of cooking shows . Go figure. I am not going to walk tomorrow. I have for 3 days in a row, so I am going to rest for a day. My left foot has an ache in it, and hopefully a day off will help it feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment